Wednesday, February 9, 2011


I haven't been quilting. I have a good reason: our new grand daughter, Evelyn Joyce. She was born on 1/31, weighed in at 6 lbs, 11 oz and was 19" long. She's really a pretty baby and I'm not just saying that because I'm her g-ma, she really is.

There lots of hair on this little one! My daughter, Lindsay, and son-in-law, Adam, prayed for lots of hair and a small, healthy baby and that's what they were blessed with.

I was able to spend last week with them so I didn't get much quilting in. I did make some large pillow-case like sacks that my daughter is using as sheets for the cradle. Easy to slip on the smaller size mattress. The cradle was made by my Adams grandpa when Adam was a baby. I also made a cover for Lindsay's C-shaped nursing pillow that she's been using to prop the baby in. Seems Evelyn likes sleeping sort of propped up.

I also started hand piecing a quilt. On my way out the door to Lindsay's place, I grabbed a bunch of red and white fabrics that I'd had for few years, a set of Ardco metal templates and and notions for sewing. I did get about 6 blocks done and I'll post those at some point. I'm doing a Texas Star and you can see the whole line of templates at www.ardcotemplates.com. I'm using the 8" block but I'm using the outer edge of the template for my sewing line and the block is 9-1/2", I'll get the quilt done just that mauch quicker. So, I have 3 hand pieced quilts going now. I really should concentrate on finishing one of them but what's the fun in that?

Happy quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment