Friday, December 24, 2010


Glory to God in the Highest! I just want to wish a Merry Christmas to all and I pray for God's great blessings for you. May you have a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year!

Thank you all for supporting my business and just having followers on my blog is a great encouragement!

We have over 26" of snow so far this December, so no need to DREAM of a white Christmas we have one! A lovely sugar coating last night. Well, in as much as 5" is a sugar coating. We had 4" last Monday which changed over to drizzle. I shoveled a bit at my church and it was like creme brulee' (spelling!), the ice was just like the carmelized sugar coating on the vanilla pudding. MMMM.

So, why so much talk of snow? Well, it's a blessing. In Minnesota there are so many businesses that rely on it; ski slopes, plow companies, even the hardware stores ran out of shovels and snow blowers last week, everything was back ordered. Christmas shopping even picks up after the first snow, it gets people in the holiday mood. I love it!

Snow also reminds us of God's redeeming love. Did you know it's mentioned 22 times in scripture? A couple of my favorite verses are: Isaiah 55:10&11- For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper [in the thing] whereto I sent it.
It shows that God's word does not fail. And, on Monday we had rain AND snow, I call that a double blessing!

Pictured is a view this morning out the patio door of the area where I sew. It's brighter out than the picture shows. The sun is peaking out even though fluffy flakes are still coming down.

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment