Friday, December 10, 2010

The Love Of Quilting magazine

HI everyone! Welcome to a snowy December. I understand we are supposed to get about 8" of the fluffy white stuff later today. Good day to stay home and quilt, but what day isn't? I do quilting for others and I have LOADS to do. Some are gifts so I need to get crackin' on those.

I have a quilt featured in Fons & Porter's Love of Quilting magazine, the January issue. I just picked my copy up at Barnes and Noble, couldn't wait to get mine in the mail! My quilt is Diamond Joy and it features my Quilted Jewels template set. There are paper templates in the magazine but plexiglass is so much better! There are 2 versions in the magazine, the darker one shown below and a smaller, light version. The fabric was designed by Hoodie for Blank quilting fabrics.

Diamond Joy

The quilts shown in the magazine are the pattern that comes with the template set. There are 3 others; Bling, the Christmas Tree Skirt & table topper and Tote bags (the tote bag pattern will be on my website very soon!). I'm working on couple more using the templates, one will be pine trees and the other, a casserole carrier and hobo style tote bag. So many ideas, so little time!!!

Back to the quilting machine!
May your points be pointy!

No comments:

Post a Comment